STUFF REDUX: How and What to Donate
Stuff Redux accepts clean and reusable materials ranging from the practical to the funky. We look for donations that lend themselves to a variety of “reuses” including art projects, home improvement, gardening, educational programming, and others we haven’t dreamed up yet. Please review our guidelines to be sure that your donations meet our requirements:
- Donations drop offs can be brought directly to Stuff Redux at 1608 Rhoadmiller Rd. We accept donations Friday and Saturday 11-5 or by appointment. Please contact Rachael at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your drop off.
- Donation pick ups may be arranged on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Rachael at email@example.com for more information.
- Donations are provisionally approved via email or phone contact. Final approval is given on site and is subject to staff discretion.
- Please make sure your donations are organized and properly stored for transportation.
Materials We Love
We are especially interested in materials you can provide in bulk, but welcome individual items as well. All items must be easy and safe to store. If you have something not listed, that’s fine! Just make sure its not on the “stuff we don’t take” list, then contact us to discuss the goodies you have for us.
Unused card stock, rag paper, copy paper, sketch books, rolls, poster board, blue prints
Fabric/ Sewing Materials:
Swatches larger than 10” x10,” yardage, zippers, buttons, spools of thread (at least half full and without tangles), yarns, knitting needles, felt
Paint brushes, screen printing materials, crayons, canvas, ink, pastels, wax, glitter, feathers, stamps, stamp pads, clay, mat board, foam core, frames, framing supplies, magazines, corks, beads, jewelry supplies, sponges
Pencils, pens, staplers, binders, rubber bands, magnets, containers of all kinds, envelopes, stamps
Wire, scrap metal, key chains, bottle caps, ornamental fixtures, keys, door-knobs, shelving, nails, screws
Sterile and Unused Lab Equipment:
Hospital drapes, tubing, marking pens, medicine tops, gauze
Small pieces of nice wood, excess plank flooring, stretcher bars
Architectural and Design Supplies:
Carpet samples, tiles, flooring, wall paper, paint chip samples, factory seconds
CDs, records, books (craft related), magazines (appropriate content only please!)
Materials we don’t accept:
- Large lumber or oversized building supplies
- Furniture (Unless it is shelving, check with us on this)
- Hazardous or toxic materials
- Aerosol cans
- Rotten paint, or paint gallons less than ½ full
- Broken glass or glass without a bounding frame
- Toiletries, cleaning supplies, or house hold recycling
- VHS tapes
- Paperback books
- Spray paint
- Used batteries
- Knick knacks
- Computers or other technological devices
- Paperback books or books unrelated to art, craft, or environmental sustainability
We are not a thrift store, recycling center, or building supply center. Any materials that fit into those categories should be donated to those institutions. We are happy to suggest other places to bring your excess. Goodwill, and Habitat ReSTORE are great possibilities.
We also accept monetary donations. These funds will go toward helping to keep this project alive!